Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tulip Festival Recap

The Tulip Festival went really well. Thank you everyone who stopped by and said HI. I had an absolute blast and now have the bug to keep doing more shows. Of course this one was in my own back yard so to speak and had no traveling involved. I got to see people I hadn't seen in years and catch up with old friends. Plus, the added bonus of selling some jewelry as well. The festival attendance was great and our small town was all a buzz with people and traffic.

My stall was in a great location on the tennis courts and right next to the fence, which enabled me to anchor my tent to the fencing for added security against the Kansas winds.

I talked to a few of the other vendors that had been there for several years and they said that sales were down quite a bit from last year. Evidently, the economy has finally hit the middle part of the USA. There were a lot of people but every one seemed to be hanging on to their hard earned dollars.

I was satisfied with the sales I made and learned a lot, came up with more ideas to make it easier to track sales, etc.

I already have my application filled out for next year.

1 comment:

  1. Cyreathia, so happy you had fun and it went well.

    Blessings,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete