Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ode to Kansas

I received this as an email and right now it really fits as today's high is only expected to be 2 degrees. Yes, 2 degrees F. with a wind chill of -34.


It's winter in Kansas

and the gentle breezes blow

seventy miles an hour

at twenty-five below.


Oh how i love Kansas

When the snow's up to your butt

You take a breath of winter

and your nose gets frozen shut.


Yes, the weather here is wonderful,

So, I guess I'll hang around

I could never leave Kansas,

My ass is frozen to the ground.



They talk about global warming, so I have come to the conclusion that the polar ice cap has melted and slid down here. I say this every year, but I think I am ready for summer and the 100 plus degrees of Kansas.


Love you all.


Take care and stay warm for those of you in the warmer climates, PLEASE bottle it and send it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment